Title of Position: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic / Plant Operator (Rock Quarry)
Shift: 1st Shift-5am Start .
Location: Belle Mead, NJ
Signing Bonus: $4,000 Must be rated as at least an "A" or "B" Mechanic by Management. ($2,000 paid 3 months following date of hire, $2,000 paid 1 year following date of hire and continuous employment).
Industry Leading Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Overtime as needed.
By joining Silvi Materials as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic this requires completing numerous tasks involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of production and production-related equipment. Demonstrate initiative, responsibility, have good interpersonal skills and are flexible/adaptive to a fast-paced and fluid business environment.
Grow with us! Silvi Materials has been working on expanding our “A” Team of employees since 1947! Our team has grown to 12 companies employing over 600 employees at 24 locations across New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania Silvi is large enough to provide the stability you need, but small enough that you can feel your individual contribution to our success. We value the fresh ideas and perspective of each new member of our team.
What does Silvi Materials offer you, you may ask?
- Phenomenal Benefits: Medical, Vison, Dental, Prescription, Vacation, Paid Holidays and so much more!
- Your future in mind: With 401(k) (at select locations) and/or pension options. We want all employees to build for a great retirement!
- Growth at Silvi Materials: We offer each employee the opportunity to move into any facet of our complex business. And our tuition reimbursement program is the perfect springboard to help you get there!
So what does a Silvi Materials Industrial Maintenance Mechanic do?
- Performs skilled maintenance on rock quarry equipment such as but not limited to the rock crusher, conveyor belts, electrical panels and similar equipment.
- Inspects and determines the nature of difficulties and malfunctioning and takes necessary action to restore equipment to good operating order.
- Evaluate equipment failures for root cause, communicate findings, make suggestions for equipment improvements, and be able to install modifications as directed.
- Performs daily rounds checklist on operating equipment observing machine in operation and listening to sounds to detect unusual operation.
- Follow preventative maintenance schedules and procedures, recording all pertinent information.
- Assist with maintenance and repairs on compressors, generators, fans and motors, pumps, gearboxes mixers, blowers, conveyors, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems and maintenance equipment.
- Lubricating, cleaning and servicing equipment.
- Keeps work area clean and in a safe condition.
- Obtains, stores, records, safeguards and properly uses equipment, materials and supplies.
- Completes work assignments in the allotted time frame.
Qualifications Required as a Silvi Materials Mechanic.
- At least 3 year’s of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic at a similar position or a position with transferable skills to quarry equipment.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Education from a technical school in a related field preferred (welding, electrical, maintenance etc.)
- Welding experience required, particularly in mig, stick, and overhead.
- Possess a working knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Knowledge of the common reasons for mechanical failure and the steps necessary to correct malfunctioning on different types of motors/machinery.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals, using diagram schematics and parts manual.
Silvi Materials does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.