Title of Position: Heavy Equipment Diesel/Truck Mechanic
Location: Belle Mead, NJ
Pay: $25-$40/hour. Must be rated as at least an "A" or "B" Diesel Mechanic by our Fleet Manager.
Signing Bonus: $5,000 ($2,500 paid 3 months following date of hire, $2,500 paid 1 year following date of hire and continuous employment). Must be rated as at least an "A" or "B" Diesel Mechanic by our Fleet Manager.
Industry Leading Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Overtime as needed.
By joining Silvi Materials as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic you will take pride on working on fron end loader operators, excavators, bulldozers, haul trucks and other heavy equipment. If you enjoy all that is heavy equipment/diesel, then you should be working for Silvi Materials!
Grow with us! The Silvi Group Companies have been working on expanding our “A” Team of employees since 1947! Our team has grown to 12 companies employing over 600 employees at 24 locations across New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania Silvi is large enough to provide the stability you need, but small enough that you can feel your individual contribution to our success. We value the fresh ideas and perspective of each new member of our team.
What does Silvi Materials offer you, you may ask?
- Phenomenal Benefits: Medical, Vison, Dental, Prescription, Vacation, Paid Holidays and so much more!
- Your future in mind: With 401(k) (at select locations) and/or pension options. We want all employees to build for a great retirement!
- Growth at Silvi Materials: We offer each employee the opportunity to move into any facet of our complex business. And our tuition reimbursement program is the perfect springboard to help you get there!
So what does a Silvi Materials Diesel/Truck Mechanic do?
- Maintain a safe and professional working environment
- Diagnose and perform preventative maintenance for heavy-duty diesel vehicles and equipment.
- Remove, repair, rebuild from start to finish and/or replace assemblies (diesel engines, automatic and manual transmissions, axles) sub-assemblies (cylinder heads, oil pumps, fan belts, generators, starters, gauges) and other parts (tie rods, drag links, ball joints, brake linings, bearings) on trucks and equipment.
- Perform electrical work including wiring systems and starter rebuilding.
- Repair and/or adjust electrical sensors, E. G. R. valves, and computerized electrical systems according to automotive and Federal Government Clean Air Standards.
- Diagnose computerized: fuel management systems, ignition systems and engine timing to determine and perform needed repairs. Changes tires.
- Weld broken assemblies, subassemblies and/or other parts, as required.
- Uses, stores, records, safeguards and properly uses equipment, materials, parts and other supplies.
- Maintain shop and work area in a clean and organized manner.
- Prepare reports and records of time spent, materials, parts used and work completed.
- Required to learn to utilize various types of diagnostic equipment.
- Respond and handle road service calls as needed with the use of a company service vehicle.
Qualifications Required as a Silvi Materials Heavy Equipment Mechanic:
- Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license and or CDL-A or CDL-B
- Must pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
- Fleet/transportation, repair and maintenance experience of preferably at least 3 years for a medium to large size company.
- Knowledge and experience with repair and maintenance of heavy-duty vehicles
- Knowledge and experience with safety regulations, i.e. OSHA, DOT as they apply to the operation
- Ability to perform maintenance and repairs in a garage and/or the field, in conformance with the specifications contained in the applicable maintenance manuals, diagrams and/or instructions.
Silvi Materials does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.